Friday, April 17, 2015

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo


Image result for shadow and bone by leigh bardugo

Shadow and Bone
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Lexile: 800
Length: 358 Pages
Genre: Dystopia
Awards: None
Reading Ram Star Rating: 4.9 out of 5

        Alina Starkov is an orphan from the Border Wars. She and her friend Mal have recently been drafted into the First Army. Immediately, they are sent into the most dangerous part of their kingdom, the Fold. Almost nobody survives the Fold, it's filled with monsters who feast on humans. The convoy they are in is attacked, and Alina accidentally uses a power even she never knew about. Alina's world is turned upside down, and she is whisked away to the royal court. Can she beat the unknown evil that has been penetrating Ravka for centuries?
       Oh my gosh, this book was amazing!!!!!! I finished it in 1 day. Literally. It was just so good, I couldn't even put it down for a second! The story was so well written, it has so many twists and plot changes! This book is seriously competing to be my favorite book ever, which is a huge deal! One of my teachers recommended it to me, and I finally got around to reading it. Boy am I glad I did! I really hope you take my advice into consideration, this book is awesome! You have to make sure you read it sometime. The only reason I gave it 4.9 stars instead of 5 though, was that I am still waiting to see if another, better book is gonna come out. I am still pretty sure that the Rick Riordan "Heroes of Olympus" books are my favorite. But it is definitely a close call. I have already read the second book of this series too, and I'm waiting to get the third book from the library. But seriously, read it. I would recommend this book to 6th grade and up. Possibly mature 5th graders, but they would have to be really mature. So you should definitely check this book out, give it a try. The cover is a little strange, but trust me, you will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment