Friday, May 1, 2015

Michael Vey; Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans

Image result for michael vey prisoner of cell 25 lexile


Michael Vey; Prisoner of Cell 25
Author: Richard Paul Evans
Lexile: 500
Length: 336 Pages
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Awards: 2013 Truman Award
Reading Ram Star Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

         Michael Vey appears to be your ordinary teen at Meridian High School, in Meridian, Idaho. But in fact he's not. He is electric. Michael thinks he is the only one of his kind, he can shock people at will. But he isn't. And something, or someone is looking for all the people like him. All the people who have powers... like him. The something hunting them will stop at nothing to find it's prey. Michael has to figure out how to beat it, but how do you beat a multibillion dollar company? You don't. He has to find a way to stop them and get back what they took. But what can a 15 year old do? Even a 15 year old with special powers. 
          I LOVED this book so much! It is seriously one of the best books I have ever read! I think it might be (Gasp!) my favorite book ever, which is saying a lot. The story was just so interesting, with so many plot twists, and surprises, I couldn't put it down for a second! I started it one school day because I had seen other kids reading it, and I was bored. But man, am I glad I did! As soon as I finished the first chapter, I couldn't even put it down. When I had to leave, I realized that I had the book at home, so I went and kept on reading it there. This book may have a low lexile, but it really isn't directed toward a younger crowd. I think that it is good for all ages, elementary, middle school, high school, and even adults! It is a fun, well written story, that any age will enjoy and appreciate. Thankfully, the story doesn't end at this book, it's a series! There are 3 more books out that I know of, and I believe the author is working on the 5th one. But really, this book was so awesome. If you don't try it, you will really regret it! Just pick it up at the library sometime, I promise you will love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment