Friday, August 21, 2015

Magyk (Septimus Heap book 1) by Angie Sage


Magyk

Magyk
Author: Angie Sage
Lexile: 640
Length: 640 Pages
Genre: Fantasy
Awards: None
Reading Ram Star Rating: 4.8 out of 5 Stars



                          Septimus Heap is the seventh son of his father, who himself is a seventh son. In the magical world, this is a good omen. It means that Septimus will have immense magical powers. Powers that some people may use for evil if they found out. But Septimus goes missing somehow, and he is declared dead by the midwife. The same night, when Silas Heap, Septimus' father is returning home, he finds a baby girl, wrapped in blankets, left out in the snow. He considers it a good omen, after losing Septimus. He takes her home, and they name her Jenna. When Jenna grows up, they still don't know who she is, and where Septimus is, if he had lived. The Heap's are part of an intricate plan for domination, and secrets they never dreamed could be real are uncovered.
                           I loved this book a ton! It was so well made, an exciting! I could have never guessed what happened! I think it deserves a higher lexile that only 640 though. It was so amazing, I couldn't wait to read the next one! The heroic story of Septimus, Jenna, and the rest of the Heaps was sooooo good! I think it was really cool how all the magic words in the book were spelled with a y instead of an i. Like the title. And most of the c's were k's as well. The only reason I gave it 4.8 out of 5 stars though, was because it got really boring in some parts of the book, and I was tempted to skip them, but I'm glad I didn't, otherwise I would've missed a lot of stuff that was important. This book was not inappropriate in the least, it was very appropriate actually. I would recommend it to 5th and up, because some of the stuff it talks about is hard to understand by little kids. You should try this book out in your free time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment