Friday, August 14, 2015

The Land of Stories, The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer


Image result for the land of stories
The Land of Stories; The Wishing Spell
Author: Chris Colfer
Lexile: 720
Length: 464 Pages
Genre: Fantasy
Awards: None
Reading Ram Star Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars



                         Connor and Alex Bailey are just your regular pair of twins, or so they think. They both go to the same school, and are in some of the same classes. Then one day it all changes. Alex and Connor are magically transported to the fairytale world. Their only hope to get back home is the Wishing Spell. But collecting items from the most famous fairytale characters in the world will prove much, much, much more difficult than either twin could have ever imagined. Will they ever be able to return home to the world they know, or will they live out the rest of their days in the fairy tale world?
                         I did enjoy this book a lot, although it was a little too young for me. However, this did not stop me from reading the second, third, and fourth book in the series, and I am anxiously awaiting the fifth book. I found that it, although exciting, was extremely predictable. I could basically guess what was going to happen at the end, so it wasn't too much of a surprise for me. It was still a good enough book that I really wanted to read the one after it, and the one after that. So that is why I gave it 4.5 stars instead of something lower. I cannot wait for the fifth book to come out, and there may possibly be a sixth coming out soon after that. Chris Colfer is as good an author as he is an actor, and I think he should keep writing new series of books for kids to enjoy. I would say this book is a good read for 4th to 8th grade, but I'm sure a lot of adults and high schoolers would enjoy it as well. You should definitely check this book out from your local library, I'm sure you will enjoy the series as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment