Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants



Author- Ann Brashares
Lexile- 610
Page count- 294
Genre- Realistic fiction
Awards-  Book Sense Book of the Year Award for Children's Literature
My rating- ⅘ stars!

Have you ever imagined a summer being separated from all of your best friends? Well, that’s what summer is like for four best friends Carmen, Lena, Tibby, and Bridget. They nickname themselves, “the sisterhood.” The mothers of these four best friends met in a pregnant yoga class and the girls have been best friends ever since. Bridget has to go to a soccer camp in Mexico, Lena goes to Greece and visits her grandparents who barely know any english, Carmen visits her dad, and while every one of her friends going away, Tibby stays home and works at a local drugstore. Every girl is going on their own journeys, learning new things, seeking independence, making friends, and having fun.  The only thing that is keeping these girls connected to each other throughout the summer is the jeans. What jeans you may ask? Well, I guess you have to read the book to find out! I rate this book a ⅘ stars because I really love how the story is divided within four different perspectives of four very different girls, however, some people might not like an all girls based book. I also really liked seeking the hero’s journey behind it though.  I personally love this book because I never wanted to stop reading it and I always wanted to keep knowing what was going to happen next and it is a pretty quick read.     


Contributed by Lily K



No comments:

Post a Comment