Friday, January 1, 2016

Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham


Image result for scarlett undercover

Scarlett Undercover
Author: Jennifer Latham
Lexile: 670
Length: 320 Pages
Genre: Mystery
Awards: None
Reading Ram Star Rating: 4.8 out of 5 Stars



                  Scarlett is smart as a whip. She is also an amazingly sarcastic 15 year old girl. And she is a detective. The little sister of the best friend of a boy who committed suicide has contacted Scarlett and is looking for her help. Scarlett figures it will be an easy case. She thinks that it was a regular suicide, and nothing more. But she is proved mistaken. The little sister claims that her brother has been acting strangely lately, and she suspects that he had a hand in the suicide. Soon the suicide is looking just a little too much like a murder. Scarlett is now deep in the world of cults and curses, possibly the same things that murdered her father...
                   I really love this book!! I thought it was very clever with all of the mystery and secrecy. Scarlett was a super likable character. She was very sassy and awesome. She was one of my favorite characters in all of the books I have ever read!!! The reason I gave it 4.8 stars was because what they made Scarlett into was just a bit far-fetched. Sure, it made sense with the plot, but I just didn't like it. She was supposed to just be a detective, not... Well, I can't tell you that. I would recommend this book to 7th grade and up, because it deals with 'suicide'. So, yeah. I definitely recommend this book to you! It was amazing! You will not regret reading it!!!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment